Sunday, August 2, 2009

sample ceremony 3

Our Ceremony

Short, sweet, and to the point.


SUZANNE SHARPE

Bienvenu! On behalf of Ariel and Andreas, their families and extended families, I welcome you to Holly Lane Gardens. You are each an important part of Andreas and Ariel's circle of family and friends and they are exceedingly happy that you are here with them today.

Please take a long slow deep breath, now… feel your breath connecting you with each other, with Andreas and Ariel… feel the earth under your feet (or under your bum), feel the breeze on your skin, take in the sounds of nature, and allow the bell and Tania's voice to guide your prayerful attention into the sacred space that has been/is being created here.

JERRY (DRE’S DAD)
Rings bell three times

TANIA
Etta James, “At Last”:

At last, my love has come along, my lonely days over, and life is like a song. At last, the skies above are blue, well my heart was wrapped up in clover, the night I looked at you. I found a dream, that I could speak to, a dream that I could call my own, I found a thrill to press my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known. Well, you smile, you smile, oh and then the spell was cast, and here we are in heaven, for you are mine at last. I found a dream, that I could speak to, a dream that I, could call my own, I found a thrill, to press my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known. Well, you smile, you smile, oh and then the spell was cast, and here we are in heaven, for you are mine at last. Ooh yeah, you are mine, you are mine, at last at last at last at last

ANDREAS & ARIEL
Enter near the end of the song.

SUZANNE

Ariel Meadow Stallings and Andreas Tillman Fetz, two uniquely creative individuals, with complimentary energies, whose paths came together 6+ years ago on New Years Eve 1997, are today proclaiming their love, and voicing their commitment to one another. We begin with a poem written by Ariel’s father, David.

DAVID
Way of Love

Two circles pause
on an island.
It’s well and good
to draw the circle of our love
around us. But within it,
how do we keep our selves
spinning true?


The circles ponder
a long while.


Finally, one answers,
There’s no getting around it.
Just as birds learn
to make great sky-circles,
we’ll fall, and in falling, grow
wings.

SUZANNE SHARPE:

Ariel and Andreas, you have proclaimed yourselves ready this summer evening to voice your commitment to each other, to exchange promises, and to seal your pledges with the beautiful rings you designed. We, your circle of family and friends, are here for you, here to honor you, and to witness your hearts' declarations.

ARIEL:

Andreas, for almost seven years you have been my most beloved companion and lover, the copilot of the world I inhabit. Together, we have navigated the turning of the seasons and the construction of our shared commitment. Today, encircled by the people who love us, I am pledging to strengthen my commitment to you.

I am ready to stand beside you united in love and mutual respect. I ask for your continued love and honesty, and in return I give you my vow that I will care for you, challenge you, and pat your head when you're feeling bad. Today, I chose you as my husband. Today, I chose to walk this path with you always. I love you.

ANDREAS:

Ariel, you have been my companion, lover, and best friend for the last seven years. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in this life. You have supported me, pushed me, inspired me, and loved me. I am so blessed to have your love and believe myself to be one of the luckiest people alive. I love you more each day, and am happier with you than I can hope to express.

I want to voice my commitment to you, with our family and friends as witnesses, and to tell you how deeply I love you. You are the best partner I could have asked for. I choose to walk this path with you always. I love you. [Andreas calls his mother forward to present the rings]

ARIEL:

Andreas, do you promise to love, support and challenge me, to be my closest friend, confidante and companion?

ANDREAS:

I do.

ANDREAS:

Ariel, do you promise to love, support and challenge me, to be my closest friend, confidante and companion?

ARIEL:

I do

SUZANNE

Ariel and Andreas, we who are present, and those who are absent thinking about you, pray that the inspirations of this hour, the intentions you have declared this hour, will not be forgotten. Blessings on you both and on your continued journey into learning how to care for yourselves and for each other. We stand by you as, for always, and in all ways, you look out for each other physically, mentally emotionally and spiritually.

In as much as you have consented before us to become husband and wife, now, by virtue of the authority invested in me, I pronounce you — husband and wife.

ANDREAS & ARIEL
Kiss

THERESE (ARIEL’S MOM)
“Since You Asked” Lyrics

What I'll give you since you asked, Is all my time together, Take the ragged sunny days, The warm and rocky weather, Take the roads that I have walked alone, Looking for tomorrows time, Peace of mind. As your life fills into mine, Changing with the season, Filling up the world with time, Changing time to reasons, I can show you all the songs, That I never sang to someone before. We have seen a millions stars, Lying by the water, You have climbed the hills with me, To the mountain shelter, Taking off the days one by one, Setting them to breathe in the sun. Take the lilies and the lace, From the days of childhood, All the willow winding back, Leading up and outward, This is what I give, this is what I ask you for, Nothing more

ARIEL & ANDREAS
Exit during song

SUZANNE

Inspired by a Jewish wedding tradition, the two 'A's have retreated into Yichud, a space where they are nourishing and strengthening themselves with some alone moments together…. where they are grounding and centering themselves as they begin this new era of walking together as partners.

In a moment, we will head to the back lawn to begin our meal together. After dinner, any who wish will have the opportunity to publicly offer blessings to Ariel and Andreas during our time of toasting. After the toasts are completed and we’ve enjoy cake, David will be leading us all in procession down the hill to Sacred Groves, where music and dancing await! Thanks to each of you for being part of this circle.

JERRY (DRE’S DAD)
Rings bell three times