Thursday, July 30, 2009

awesome centerpieces, 3 different for same wedding

I’ve been waiting to post these because I really didn’t want to steal Mrs. Apple’s thunder, but now that she’s posted some of her wedding pictures, I think it might be safe.

The Apples laughin04 (that is too cute) had three different types of centerpieces:

b909839

m925981

m925982

m92598201
I love that you can see the bride in the background!

m92598202
tall centerpieces

(Curly willow, hand-tied cymbidium orchids, super green roses - the ones that look like little cabbages, jade roses, South American green hydrangea [this time of year, they have a slight pink tinge], lisianthus, and vendela roses) with two short cube arrangments at the base. We were originally going to use ranunculus, but my supplier did not get any creams in the shipment sad so he suggested using lisianthus instead - I think it turned out ok.

Also, the reason why you can see the foam inside the vase is because I wanted to make a more guest-friendly centerpiece (aka, easier to take home). When fully assembled, the centerpieces were probably a bit more than four feet tall - taller than your average car cabin, so I inserted a plastic liner inside for easy break-down and taking - EVERY centerpiece was taken home that night by guests - even the two ceremony arrangments that were outside.

b909840
wooden tray with river rocks, floating mini cymbidium orchids, and candles - the very cool idea of Mrs. Apple - I just put the water and flowers in happy03

b909843

b909844

b90984401
short centerpieces

The room in mid-setup:

b90984402

b90984403

b90983901

Don’t the mahogany chivari chairs and lamour sashes just tie the whole look together??I just loved working with the Apples and especially Mrs. Apple - she is so sweet and laid back. She had great ideas and was wonderful to work with - the perfect bride.